Sunday, February 20, 2011

World Of Beer.. 500 beers, lets start the taste test.

This summer (2010) I had the experience of a life time. I went to London for six weeks and experienced so much of their culture and of course their beers. This is what triggered this blog. I came home to find, World Of Beers, which housed all the great taste I found in London. When I go to the bar, it brings back memories of such good nights out. 


World Of Beers houses over 500 beers! That is a lot of beers in one location. But, they don't house the general American Beers. Do not go to this location expecting a Bud light or Miller. Because you simply won't find it. 


This leaves a problem for many... how do you find a good beer to drink?


Taste...Taste...Taste...








Simple solution. At World Of Beers give the bartenders a challenge and they will give you a shot. The bartenders are experienced when it comes to beer, they kind of have to be. So when a customer walks in wanting that Bud Light, they will pour you three shots of beer. Those shots are to help the customers figure out the beer that taste the closet to that Bud Light. If three shots are not enough, they will keep them coming. 


When I go to World Of Beers, I have a hard time breaking out of my shell. I love the ciders they offer from London, Blackthorn being my favorite. It tastes like Apple Juice :). However, for the times I like to break out and try something new. I usually just ask a waitress or bartender for a Cider that is similar to blackthorn and I am always surprised with something new. 


The taste test idea is such a good idea, this allows the customers to find a beer they are happy with. There is nothing worse then paying $5 for a beer and hating it. Especially when the Beers are not American! 

No comments:

Post a Comment